Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Triumph Bonneville Carburetor Brace

Parts needed:
stainless steel tie-strap $2.00

Tools needed:
angle grinder
1/2" metal drill bit

Most of the airbox removal kits come with a brace to support the carburetors in the absence of the airbox's rubber boots. I made one myself for little cost out of a stainless steel tie-strap. First I cut the strap with the an angle grinder ($10.00 at harbor freight - gotta love those parking lot sales!).
The bar connecting the carburetors from the rear is just under 1/2" in diameter so I drilled a 1/2" hole close to the edge of the strap and used the angle grinder to open it up. I also reamed the the hole on the end of the strap to fit the bolt on the frame to which it will be mounted.
Allegra decided that the carb brace should be pink and so it would be.
Finally we mounted it to the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment